Friday, July 21, 2006

In love with an idea

The waves crash around me
Seething, foaming
Walls of water.
Salt stings my eyes
The sea roars in my ears
My muscles throb in silent protest
At every stroke.
Then through the deepening mist
I see a beacon
land is near
No water can defeat me.

I walk through a desert.
the sun beats down relentlessly
No cloud to cool its heat.
My throat is swollen
I cannot speak.
My feel are blistered
I cannot walk
So I crawl.
Then from the top of a dune
I see the oasis
It is real, not a mirage.
Victory is still mine.

I stand on the top of a building
the wind blows against me.
It wants to throw me down,
this impediment in its path.
It tears at my clothes
It screams in my ears.
But I still stand.
In this silent battle
Far above the rest of the world.
Far beyond any of its cares,
I am the victor.

I see a man
his eyes are blue
not the blue of a calm sea
but the blue of a sea,
that he has calmed.
The sun shines on his hair
it glows in answer.
Gleaming strands
spun of light.
The wind blows agains his body
it serves to outline his shape.
The almost arrogant ease
in the way he stands.

I catch my breath.
I step forward, then kneel.
I kneel and adore
that which I can never defeat.

4 comments:

crazed_mellow said...

u really believe in love dont you .. i must say i cant relate to this one cause i dont .. but i like the imagnery its really well done

liked the others too .. put up more

Ravali said...

maybe jus one sentence can say it all frm my side ..... " it touched me "

Alok said...

"i can never defeated"...really this poem is hearttouching n nice composed.
but this is too much old posting...try to put atleast 1 in a month...nice blog :))

Anonymous said...

It touched deep inside me... great Job!