Friday, May 18, 2007

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?

I watched You've Got Mail today, for something like the fifteenth time. Its definitely one of my favourite romances, I love the witty dialogue, the acting, the setting, the bookstore... Even now, I get a delightful little shiver down my spine when Tom Hanks hands Meg Ryan a handkerchief and says, "Don't cry, Shopgirl" with Somewhere over the rainbow playing in the background.




6 comments:

Vikash said...

Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?"

Nice poem. incorrigible optimism. :)

And have you watched Korean romantics? I liked 'u have got mail'. fabulous movie. Let me suggest some more.

- Sweet November
- Before Sunrise / Before Sunset
- A walk to remember
- The princess bride
- Music and Lyrics. (Must watch this)

Nithya said...

Thanks@vikash. I do love this song. It was originally sung in Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz.
Not a big fan of Korean romantic movies, though I have watched a few, too mushy for me:p
I've seen all those movies except for Before Sunset. And yeah, I really liked Music and Lyrics too.

Ravali said...

try moment to remember...its hard to find in the insti also...but i have it on my lappy :D but i think i alread told u this :)

neways really wonderful lyrics
didnt knw abt the song so for sumtime i thought u wrote it and was all :O:O:O:O

Nithya said...

okie roomie:) I'll watch moment to remember. And sometime in the insti, I'll make you watch Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz with me. I love that movie!

Vikash said...

Moment to remember is still there is insti.

But do we reallly have "Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz"...???

I'll bother you then...to get this movie. ;)

Gurveen Bedi said...

i like the setting too..the shop is juss so much like in dreams or enid blyton's books nd all..